101 Agape Ideas
Quick, Easy, and Inexpensive Agape Ideas
Upper Room Discussion Group
1. Rainbow mechanical pencils: Write this down: Jesus Loves You!" or "Jesus
has signed your heart with his blood."
2. Lighters or matches and a candle: "You are the light of the World!"
3. Mending kits: "God fixes everything."
4. Soap bubbles: "Let God's love bubble over in you!"
5. Jigsaw puzzle pieces either hot glued to a pin back or a card (You can
put a piece of magnet strip on the back of the card for a fridge magnet.):
"God put it all together for you." Or "Puzzled? Talk to God." Or "Don't let
Jesus be your missing piece!" or "If life is a puzzle, turn to the Lord."
Or "Now I know in part, then I shall know fully. 1 Corinthians 13:12."
6. One-inch wooden disc with clothespin glued to front and a piece of
magnet tape on back of clothespin. Decorate disc with a sticker or leave
plain. "God can hold it all together!"
7. Little notebooks or note pads. "Write this down: Jesus Loves You!"
8. Small calendars (wallet size are good): "I am with you always. Jesus"
9. Seed packages: "Grow in Christ."
10. Life Savers: "Jesus is the real life saver!"
11. Small rulers: "Measure your life in Christ." Or "Jesus Rules!"
12. Emory board or small piece of sand paper on a card: "Jesus can smooth
away all our rough edges!"
13. Nail on a card. "Need an eternal fix? Try John 3:16."
14. Butterfly anything: "God changes things."
15. Diaper pin: "God can change even the worst of things."
16. Earth magnet or pins or erasers: "Jesus: Don't leave earth without
17. Mustard seed glued to a piece of card stock: "A little faith goes a
long way. Matthew 17:20.
18. Maps or compasses: "Jesus is the way" or "Lost? Talk to God" or "Need
directions? Talk to the Father." Or "Lost? Follow the Son."
19. Magnifying glass: "See everything clearly with Christ" or "Let your
faith be magnified." Or "If they dusted your Bible for fingerprints, would
they find any fresh ones? Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my
path. Psalm 119:105."
20. Small bars of soap: "God can make all things clean."
21. Dinosaur eggs (the little capsules that hatch a dinosaur when soaked in
hot water) or small plastic figures: Even when God was dealing with these
guys, He was thinking of You! Card should include hatching directions if
you use the capsules.
22. Emergency rain ponchos: "When life gives you rain, God gives you
23. Safety pin with brightly colored beads on it: "God will help you hold
it all together."
24. Yo-yos: "God will be there though all your ups and downs."
25. Rock. Write "Jesus is the rock" and draw a cross on the rock.
26. Duct tape and nail. Put a small piece of duct tape on a card. Then put
a nail through the card as if you were pinning something to it. On card
write: "Men fix everything with duct tape. God used his son."
27. Penny hot glued to a card. "Jesus just makes 'cents'"
28. Runts candies in a small bag. "The fruits of the spirit are."
29. Paper clip chain made of brightly colored paper clips or several
brightly colored paper clips hanging on an earring hoop: "Genesis 9:13"
30. Foam heart glued to a card: "Give your heart to Jesus." Or any heart
31. Candy conversation hearts: "These go in your tummy. Put Jesus in your
32. Teddy bear stickers or very small (1/2 inch) teddy bears or gummy
bears. "God's love bears all."
33. Erasers: "Jesus erased all your sins."
34. Key chain: "Let Jesus be the key to your life" or "Put God in the
35. Shoe horns: "For a perfect fit every time, try Jesus."
36. Bookmarks with the Order of Reunion printed on them.
37. Disposable razors: "God will get you out of even the hairiest
38. Ear plugs: "For all those times when noise is not so joyful."
39. Atomic fireballs: "Get fired up for Christ!"
40. Smiley face anything: "Smile. God loves you."
41. Small plastic or balsa wood planes or miniature kites: "Fly high with
42. Band aid on card: "Christ heals all."
43. Small jars or pots made from Play Dough and hardened. "Put yourself in
the potter's hands."
44. Finger traps: "Submit to Christ and be free." You may want to explain
on the card that the finger trap will hold you as long as you struggle and
45. Hand held fans: cut a large heart from card stock or other paper and
tape this to a pencil. Print on heart before cutting and taping: "Join the
Jesus fan club."
46. Golf tees taped to a card: "Jesus will always fit your needs to a tee!"
47. Airhead candy: "Don't be an airhead! Listen to Jesus!"
48. Kool Aid packages: "Let Jesus be the cool aid in your life."
49. Hershey kiss(es) on a card: "A good night kiss for you. Sleep in peace
as God watches over you" or "An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips."
Proverbs 24:26 or with 2 kisses "Angel kisses."
50. A mint taped to a card: "Jesus is 'mint' for you."
51. Small piece of sponge attached to a card: "Soak up God's love."
52. Gum, caramel, starburst candy, tootsie roll or other chewy candy:
"Choose Jesus" or "Choose this day whom you will serve." Joshua 2:4-15
53. Now and Later candy: "Jesus Now and Later."
54. Q-tip taped to a card: "Open our ears, Lord. We want to hear Jesus."
55. Small plastic frogs: "FROG: Fully relying on God."
56. Little fake wedding bands (wedding section of a craft store): "You are
the bride of Christ."
57. Gold Fish crackers: "Come follow me and I will make you fishers of
men." Matthew 4:19
58. Small back scratchers: "God always has a hand for you!"
59. Skittles candies: "Taste the rainbow of God's love."
60. Small bottles of drinking water: "Drink the eternal water of life."
61. Alka seltzers: "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, Oh, what a relief Christ is!"
62. Rolaids glued to a card that says: "Jesus spells relief."
63. Brightly colored toothpicks or a brightly colored guitar pick attached
to a card: "Pick Jesus."
64. Equal package: "Nothing equals Jesus!"
65. Picture of a cell phone. Photocopy picture on paper and color with
bright colors: "Call on God. Unlimited free anytime access."
66. Small packages of tissues: "God will take your tears and make an
67. Gold wrapped chocolate coins: His love is more precious than gold."
68. Corks or fishing bobbers: God's love is unsinkable.
69. Small match box-size cars: "Put God in the driver's seat."
70. Individual Shout stain removers: "Shout to the Lord."
71. Bit of Honey or fast food size honey package: Psalm 19:10
72. Tea bag: "No teas-sing, Jesus Loves you."
73. Cream Savers: You are the cream of the crop. Let Jesus be your Life
74. Empty brown paper lunch bag with a business-size card inside. Card
reads: "Feed my Sheep. John 21:17. In honor of your walk to Emmaus, a
donation has been made to (a soup kitchen, food pantry, lunch program,
whatever you decide). Or, "Today, because of your walk, some of his sheep have
75. Glue stick: "Stick with Christ."
76. Small cross, covered with glitter on a card: "Shine Jesus Shine."
77. Small pocket size mirrors: "Let Christ be reflected in you."
78. Letter openers: "God opens up a whole new world of possibilities."
79. Toy watches: "God has all the time in the world for you." Or
80. Nerd candies: "Only nerds don't love Jesus!" or "Jesus even loves
81. Small plastic or feather birds (floral section of craft store):
82. Toy paratroopers (party favors): "Let Jesus be your parachute."
83. Small wedding or cowbells: "Ring out! The Lord is near!"
84. Individually wrapped hand wipes: "Jesus makes all things clean."
85. Plastic weighted ducks (the type used in carnival games): "Life with
Christ is just ducky!"
86. One-hundred dollar bill note pads: "In one person's hands, just a few
bills paid. In another person's hands, a fortune to be made. A life in
man's hands, just biology on earth. A life in Christ's hands, eternal
re-birth." Or "Christ has paid your debt in full!"
87. Mini-frisbees or spinning tops: "I may not always know where I'm going,
but the one I'm following does. The Lord will guide you always. Isaiah
88. Whistle: "Whistle while you work Whatever you do, work at it with all
your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men. Colossians 3:23."
89. Miniature clothes pins (doll house size) clipped to a card that
(ideally) has a graphic of something hanging on a clothes line: "Hang your
troubles on the Lord and He will sustain you. Psalm 55:22a"
90. Thin rainbow ribbon tied to a paper clip and clipped to a card. "Clip
this to page 48 in your pilgrim's guide."
91. Recipe card with Bible cake recipe on it on one side and "Live,
Breathe, and Eat his word." printed on the other.
92. Fishing bobber: "Don't let things pull you down." Matthew 6:25-34
93. WWJD bracelets or pins, PUSH bracelets or pins, FROG bracelets or pins
or brightly colored nylon bracelets. Tag these with "Adorn yourself for
94. Unsharpened pencils: "Without Christ, life is pointless."
95. Milky Way candy bars: "He had a universe to choose from, but God chose
96. Pill bottle: outside label Rx from: The Great physician/ Dosage: Daily
or as needed Active Ingredient: Holy Spirit /Refills: Unlimited/Amount due:
Debt paid in full by Jesus Christ. Fill the bottle with paper strips on
which your have printed a variety of Bible verses.
97. Large fishing hook hot glued to a pin back (You may want to use wire
cutters to cutoff the barb. ). Glue or dangle a fish on which you have
printed Jesus from the point: "I'm hooked on Jesus." Or "Be fishers of
98. Small plastic babies (craft store, baby shower section) glued to a
strip of card stock wider than the baby. On card stock, print "Born again." Glue
card to a pin back.
99. CD labeled to say: "Jesus Christ Eternity free." Add graphics such as
a dove or across. You can get these in a variety of colors.
100. Baseball trinkets: "No outs. All safe with Christ" or "Hit a home run